Date: 2023-03-14 16:08:16
Interruption Of Water Supply Due To Damage On The Gate Valve Of Chatsworth 4 Reservoir
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
14 MARCH 2023
The Municipality is aware of the interruption of water supply in areas supplied by the Chatsworth 4 Reservoir.
The interruption is due to damage on the 500mm gate valve on the inlet to the reservoir.
As a result, the pumping supply main from the Northdene Water Pumpstation has been shut down. A team from the Water and Sanitation Unit is on site effecting repairs and installing a new valve.
Outlets of affected reservoirs have been shut while repairs are underway. This is done to prevent reservoirs from running dry which will prolong the recovery period when the repairs are complete.
The repairs are expected to be completed by the end of the day. The recovery of reservoirs will take place over the next day or two, depending on demand patterns.
Affected areas include:
• Shallcross Reservoir: Buffels Bosch, Burlington Heights, Savanah Park, Shallcross.
• Klaarwater Reservoir: Crossmoor, Klaarwater, Savannah Park, Shallcross, St Wendolins Ridge.
• Chatsworth 4 Reservoir: Arena Park, Buffels Bosch, Chatsworth Town Centre, Crossmoor, Ehlanzeni, Klaarwater, Kwamgaga, Montford, Moorton, Risecliff, Welbedagt East and West, Westcliff, Woodhurst.
• Washington Heights: Marianheights, Mariann Industrial Park, Nsiswakazi, Phumphele, Savannah Park, St Wendolins Ridge, Umshinini.
• Intake Reservoir: Ezihyathini, Klaarwater, Luganda, Nagina, Nsiswakazi, Pineview, Regency Park, Sithundu Hills.
For more information regarding water supply, the public can call the toll-free number 080 311 1111 or use the eThekwini Water and Sanitation WhatsApp number: 073 1483 477. Alternatively, email: Eservices@durban.gov.za