Date: 2023-05-23 15:40:22
Emergency Repairs To Be Undertaken At Northdene 3 Water Pumpstation Pumping Main
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
22 MAY 2023
Residents are informed of water restrictions due to emergency repairs to be undertaken on the pumping main of the Northdene 3 Water Pumpstation.
The repairs will start on 23 May. During this process, reservoir outlets will be shut during the night and reopened in the morning to prevent reservoirs from running dry. If this is not done, it will prolong the recovery period when the repairs are completed on 24 May.
Reservoir recovery is dependent on demand patterns.
Affected areas include:
1. Shallcross Reservoir: Buffels Bosch, Burlington Heights, Savanah Park, and Shallcross.
2. Klaarwater Reservoir: Crossmoor, Klaarwater, Savannah Park, Shallcross, and St Wendolins Ridge.
3. Chatsworth 4 Reservoir: Arena Park, Buffels Bosch, Chatsworth Town Centre, Crossmoor, Ehlanzeni, Klaarwater, Kwamgaga, Montford, Moorton, Risecliff, Welbedacht East and West, Westcliff, and Woodhurst.
4. Washington Heights: Mariannheights, Mariann Industrial Park, Nsiswakazi, Phumphele, Savannah Park, St Wendolins Ridge, and Umshinini.
5. Intake Reservoir: Ezihyathini, Klaarwater, Luganda, Nagina, Nsiswakazi, Pineview, Regency Park, Sithundu Hills, and Welbedacht West.
For more information regarding water supply, the public can call the toll-free number 080 311 1111 or use the eThekwini Water and Sanitation WhatsApp number: 073 1483 477. Alternatively, email: Eservices@durban.gov.za
Issued by the eThekwini Municipality’s Communications Unit.