Date: 2023-04-19 15:29:02
Emergency Repairs On The Northern Aqueduct
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
18 APRIL 2023
Residents are informed of emergency repairs to be undertaken on a burst on the Northern Aqueduct that goes through Quarry Heights.
To undertake the repairs, the City’s Water and Sanitation team have to shut down the flow to the bulk pipeline. During this process, supply to various reservoirs supplied by the Northern Aqueduct bulk trunk main will be affected.
The shutdown for the repairs will be implemented on 19 April from 4am to 4pm.
The following areas will be affected:
• Avoca Hills, Corovoca, Khabazela, Duffs Road, Quarry Heights.
• Court Town Place, Pomegranate Road, Avocado Grove,Tiger Lily Place, Quartz Place, Street 128844, Shale Place, Sandstone Road.
• Ridge Place, Whinstone Grove, Centre Place, Forest Close, Street 128845, 120847, 120848, 120851 and 12052.
• Mount Edgecombe Hospital, Mount Edgecombe Estate, Broadland, Southridge, Stonebridge, Clayfield.
• Bishopsate Road, Pillargate Place, Landsgate Place, Risegate Place, Restgate Road.
• Sunford, Hannaford, Phoenix Highway, Longcroft, Longbury, Plaza, Southbury, Eastbury
• Groove End, Shastri Park, Caneside, Canehaven, Woodview, Grove End Area.
• Phoenix Industrial Park, Whetfern, Whetstone, Triplen Circle.
• Westham, Trenance Manor, Gandhi Settlement, Lenham, Fernham, Brookdale Whetstone, Bhambayi, Amaoti.
• Woodview, Cornubia, Ottawa, Palmview, Trenance Park.
• Simunye Avenue, Corobrick Industrial Area, Eleka Road, Mount Moriah Drive, Zwela Street, Mela Street, Zinza Place, Rainbow Street, Umkhutu Place.
• Mountview Area, Brindhavan.
• Southridge, Glenhaven, Parkgate, Rietriver.
• Dawncrest, Oaklands, Surya Heights, Sanna Township, Mountview, Parkgate, Trenance Old Phase.
• Amaoti, Trenance Park New and Old Phase, Redcliffe, Buffelsdraai, Groenburg Estate, Tea Estate, Valley View, Madrona Drive, Bottlebrush, Celtic, Cottonwood.
The Municipality apologises for any inconvenience caused.
For more information regarding water supply, the public can call the toll-free number 080 311 1111 or use the eThekwini Water and Sanitation WhatsApp number 073 1483 477. Alternatively, email: Eservices@durban.gov.za