Date: 2023-07-11 13:49:36
City Working To Restore Water In Areas Supplied By Northdene 3 Water Pumpstation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
8 JULY 2023
Residents whose water is supplied through the Northdene 3 Water Pumpstation and dependent reservoirs can be assured that the City is doing everything in its power to restore water supply.
While repairs to the electrical infrastructure were completed earlier this week, the recovery period has unfortunately taken longer due to several dependent reservoirs running empty during the shutdown.
The reservoirs are currently filling up and our teams are monitoring the system to ensure the situation returns to normalcy.
Water tankers will continue to be dispatched to supply affected communities.
Affected areas include:
• Chatsworth 4 Reservoir: Arena Park, Buffels Bosch, Chatsworth Town Centre, Crossmoor, Ehlanzeni, Klaarwater, Kwamgaga, Montford, Moorton, Risecliff, Welbedacht East and West, Westcliff, and Woodhurst.
• Shallcross Reservoir: Buffels Bosch, Burlington Heights, Savanah Park, and Shallcross.
• Klaarwater Reservoir: Crossmoor, Klaarwater, Savannah Park, Shallcross, and St Wendolins Ridge.
• Washington Heights Reservoir: Marianheights, Mariann Industrial Park, Nsiswakazi, Phumphele, Savannah Park, St Wendolins Ridge, and Umshinini.
• Intake Reservoir: Ezihyathini, Klaarwater, Luganda, Nagina, Nsiswakazi, Pineview, Regency Park, and Sithundu Hills.
The Municipality apologises for any inconvenience caused.
For more information regarding water supply, the public can call the toll-free number 080 311 1111 or use the eThekwini Water and Sanitation WhatsApp number: 073 1483 477. Alternatively, email: Eservices@durban.gov.za
Issued by eThekwini Municipality’s Communications Unit.