The eThekwini Municipality approves and declines deals, builds up partnerships with institutions and makes many decisions where they, as well as the residents of eThekwini are directly affected.
To do this properly, there needs to be a legal team that guides the process so that everything is above board and within the arms of the law. This is where Legal Services Unit comes in.
Through its supportive and advisory role, the Legal Services Unit will strengthen the capacity of the Municipality to fulfill its Constitutional and other legislative mandates. This is done by providing legal advice, settling documents, support to committees and Council as well as supporting the Speaker on the discipline of Councillors.
Contact Legal Services
- Head, Nokhana Moerane
- Legal Support: Deputy Head, Joseph Sedumedi
- Litigation: Alisande Bradshaw
- Municipal Courts: Nonhlanha Dladla
- Legislative Drafting: Gabriella LaFoy
- Language Services: Vusi Mshlengu
- Business Licensing: Moeletsi Tsautse
- Admin Support: Bernadine Beugger
Tel: 031-311 3196
Fax: 031-311 3261
12th Floor, Shell House
221 Anton Lembede Street